Italian dairy product maker says it will cease operations in Italy
- by admin
Italian dairy products maker Nicosia has announced that it will not be making or selling dairy products in Italy until 2021.
“In order to maintain our European operations, Nicosianosia will cease production and/or sell its Italian brands and will concentrate on the acquisition of Italian brands,” Nicosio Sincerdini, the company’s chief executive officer, said in a statement.
“For us, it’s a very important step in the right direction.
We are in negotiations with Italian brands to further strengthen our portfolio of products.”
The announcement comes after NicosIA announced plans to lay off 1,000 workers at its Italian factory, citing lower demand for dairy products.
Nicosiano, which has a plant in the Italian city of Bologna, was founded in 2002 by two Italian brothers, Giovanni and Silvio.
The company has factories in the United States, Japan, South Korea, China and the United Kingdom.
It also owns brands like Nicosiello, Nicosi, and Nicosiera.
The Italian Dairy Association, which represents the country’s roughly 70,000 dairy farmers, issued a statement saying that Nicosiusi’s announcement “sends a clear message to all Italian producers and consumers, especially in the agricultural sector.”
Italian dairy products maker Nicosia has announced that it will not be making or selling dairy products in Italy until…
- How to Make an Arla Dairy Products Cupcake Recipe from an Instagram Post
- Dairy free products and dairy products prices are getting worse
- Auburn Dairy Products Announces $1 Billion Deal to Acquire aubuas Dairy Products
- Farmers complain of new pesticide use in drought-stricken California
- Vyshnavi Dairy Products, Balkan Dairy Products join Alltech Dairy products group